About the Project
In conjunction with the corporate identity update, Lara Secondary College also asked Digitalsmith to provide a major update to the website, reflecting the latest design trends and utilising the latest web technologies.
To that end, we worked with notable creative agency, Fluid and the client to come up with an effective site design.
The platform responsive site was then built on Umbraco (CMS - Content Management System) - encompassing HTML5, CSS3 and a range of other techniques and programming languages - the result is a school site that appropriately reflects the high standard of education Lara Secondary College provides its students.
The site is tested on OS X, Windows, iOS and Android – across multiple browsers - Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Key features include;
- Top 'drop down' navigation that allows quick access to any section of the site
- Calendar integrated with the school’s SharePoint system
- Modular homepage (allowing easy addition of content blocks, changing colour themes of each block and associated image size – and also of the position of each block)
- Site search dynamically filters results, operating in a similar fashion to Google’s dynamic filtering
- The homepage also features integration of both Google Maps and a Facebook feed as part of the modular structure
- SEO Checker to ensure the optimisation and broken links / 404 redirection are all tightly controlled
- Branding adheres strictly to Lara Secondary College’s brand guidelines.
Professional photography by Katrina Lawrence Pty Ltd helps drive the messaging. Key top level pages are repeated in the footer navigation.
The site is light, clean and contains great content that effectively communicates an environment that encourages students to be their best, or as the school puts it - allows students to fully realise their potential.